Bringing Excellence in Musical Education to the Heart of Memphis
Teaching music is not my main purpose. I want to make good citizens. If children hear fine music from the day of their birth and learn to play it, they develop sensitivity, discipline, and endurance. They get a beautiful heart.—Dr. Shinichi Suzuki
We have expanded our offerings to safely navigate COVID-19. You may choose from options including; virtual/remote lessons, outdoor lessons (weather permitting), or indoor lessons with safety protocols in place. We want to make sure every student has the opportunity to learn and experience music. Please reach out to us to discover which options might work for you. OfficeMSC@midtownsuzuki.com
The Midtown Suzuki Cooperative is a new concept in Memphis — a place where teachers can establish their own private studios in a community of other teachers, collaborating with each other to offer more opportunities for students. Located in the heart of midtown, Memphis, we seek to connect Suzuki students and teachers in the mid-south as we pursue beauty and excellence in our music and characters.
What do we offer?
- Private violin lessons
- Private cello lessons
- Regular Suzuki group classes
- Recitals and performances
- Parent education
- Suzuki early childhood education
To receive more information about lessons, please fill out the application located under Register for Lessons and the teacher you choose will contact you.
- 18-week Fall semester
- 18-week Spring semester
- Bi-weekly Group Classes
- Summer Session (offered in sessions of 4, 6, 8, or 10 weeks)
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education – 15 week semester
Pricing per semester:
- $85 ($100 for Students from other schools) – facilities fee covering activities, recital, spring concert, and group class
- $570 – 30 minute lesson time slot (3 payments of $190)
- $849 – 45 minute lesson time slot (3 payments of $283)
- $1131 – 60 minute lesson time slot (3 payments of $377)
- $300 – Suzuki Early Childhood Education (15 week semester, no facilities fee required)